I have a pair of discus that are starting to breed. They have laid eggs for a couple of times but eat the eggs, for the female it’s the first time she hatches, the male has successfully bred in the past. Should i protect the eggs or leave it and let nature do her thing? ph is ok and hardness also.
1. Cover the eggs with the wire mesh.
2. This is the way to protect the eggs.
3. If they fan and clean the eggs, this shows that they care for their eggs.
4. When eggs are hatched out, surely they will nurse them. This is their instinct.
5. You can leave the parents to take care their babies.