I breed Guppys, Mollys, Goldfish and Blue Lobsters and keep numerous other kinds of tropical fish. I have only recently been captured by the majesticality of the discus and I am really keen to start breeding them in my new tank.
What requirements are there for breeding discus? At what age will discus start to mate?
1. Breeding stock to get breeding pair.
2. A maternity tank.
3. Anti fungus solution to stop fungus growth. (Methylebe Blue)
4. The mature age depends on strains.
5. Red base discus matures as early as 8 to 10 months.
6. Blue base discus takes longer, as long as 20 months.