I am in South Africa.I recently received 18 Discus from a local supplier who said that they were from Malaysia. 5 of the fish are keeping their pectoral fins tight against the body and are not
eating well, the other 13 are fine. What is causing this & how do i treat it?
1. True. As you say they are stressed.
2. Prepare Potassium Permanganate solution. (Purple in color). Apply the solution to the tank for all the 18 fish. Dosage: the color of water like light purple. After one or two hours, change the water.
3. Apply Acriflavine solution plus salt over night.
4. Repeat the above continuously for three days.
5. No feeding while they are under medical treatment.